Improve your “near me” searches
Last month we shared how voice activated searches are changing the way we use and search the internet. As business owners work to finesse keywords and SEO strategies, marketing teams must also leverage location services, focusing on “near me” searches. As consumers continue to search for local online services, “near me” voice activated searches are more prevalent than ever, seeing exponential growth in the past two years.
“Near me” searches are valuable, as they indicate a consumer is looking for a specific thing, in a particular area, in a determined amount of time. Adding “near me” in a search query–regardless if it is obtained through a voice prompt or typed request–illustrates users eagerness to take action with the search results.
Here are some quick ways to improve your “near me” search results:
- Ensure your business is listed on Google My Business. This includes completing your business listing with photos, hours, contact information, and any applicable details. Optimizing your business profile and updating it often helps improve this listing.
- Encourage your clients to write reviews. Maybe even more than once. Better yet, respond and communicate through these results, showing potential clients you are active in customer service. (Read more about why reviews are so important here!)
- Delete any online duplicate business accounts you may own. It’s important to drive clients to your site, not compete with yourself.
- Make sure your site has a location embedded, specifically a Google map key. If your location is not active within the Google realm, it is unlikely an organic search would find it.
- Regularly update SEO. If you want your site seen, consistent SEO attention is needed.
If this overload of information is inspiring you to search for “cocktails near me,” fear not. Our SEO and Google-saavy experts are here to help. Contact us today for more information on how to improve your SEO experience.